About the role
To act as first point of contact and provide support and delivery of services to clients, drivers and the Activa sales team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Dealing with incoming daily rental customer enquiries by telephone and email.
- Calculating quotations for customers.
- Arranging vehicle rental bookings for customers according to their personalised procedures via our central reservations department.
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records of all hires.
- Contacting customers for rental extensions.
- Obtaining mileage readings.
- Handling vehicle swap overs.
- Organising overseas travel authorisations.
- Maintaining accurate P11D information for each rental.
- Maintaining accurate MID information for selected customers.
- Producing specific reports for customers.
- Arranging vehicle termination via our central reservations department.
- Managing and processing damage claims with third parties.
- Processing traffic violation and parking charge fines.
- Accurately checking purchase invoices/credit notes received from our supplier(s) and querying charges where necessary.
- Accurately producing sales invoices/credit notes for our customers.
- Handling complaints according to Activa’s policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Activa’s ‘3 ring’ policy for answering all incoming calls.
- Handling general customer service telephone and email enquiries.
- Acting as ambassador for the company on all external or internal reviews or meetings with customers/suppliers.
- Provision of comprehensive support to our field sales managers.
Essential skills and qualities
- Flexible approach, highly self and team motivated with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships.
- Confident, proactive and dynamic attitude, showing enthusiasm and a high level of energy.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to deliver a systematic, controlled approach.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to learn effectively and follow through applying problem solving techniques.
- Good interpersonal, communication, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to contribute effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Computer literate on all Microsoft packages.
- A positive, ‘can do’ approach to all enquiries.
- A team player who can also work to their own initiative.
- Basic mathematical knowledge and skills.